If you’re considering investing in a new piece of fitness equipment, the Sole E55 Elliptical is a popular option worth considering. With its sleek design and reputation for delivering an effective and low-impact workout, this elliptical has captured the attention of many fitness enthusiasts. However, before making your final decision, it’s important to understand what you’re getting into and weigh the pros and cons of this machine. In this guide, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision and determine if the Sole E55 Elliptical is the right choice for you.
The Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is a high-end, full-featured machine designed for the home gym. It offers many of the features found on health club models, combined with a compact design that fits comfortably in your home. With a heavy 27-pound flywheel, a high gear ratio, and a whisper-quiet drive system, the E55 delivers an extremely fluid performance with plenty of resistance.
The E55’s power incline feature makes it easy to target different core muscle groups, adding diversity to your workout. The incline ramp is fully adjustable, and you can track your progress via the 7.5-inch blue LCD display, which includes windows for resistance, incline, time, distance, calories burned, pulse, and pace. The display also offers a number of convenient features, including built-in speakers, cooling fans, and a water bottle holder.
The E55 comes with two heart-rate-controlled workout options, allowing you to customize your workout specifically to your needs. It also features adjustable pedals, a 2-degree inward slope to reduce ankle and knee stress, and a revolutionary foot pedal adjustment system not found on any other elliptical brand. With 20 resistance levels, adjustable incline, and built-in pulse sensors, the E55 provides a complete, full-body workout.
Customers who have purchased the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer are generally very happy with their purchase. They praise the machine’s heavy 27-pound flywheel and quiet operation, which make for a smooth and natural workout experience. Many users also appreciate the power incline feature, which adds resistance and helps target different muscle groups.
Many customers note that the E55 feels very sturdy and well-built, with a lifetime guarantee on the frame and five years on parts and electronics. Some users also comment on the compact design, which is ideal for smaller homes or apartments.
A few users have reported issues with the elliptical’s electronic components, such as the display or sound system, but these appear to be rare occurrences. Overall, the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is well-received by customers and is a popular choice for those looking for a high-end machine for their home gym.
Pros and Cons
- Heavy 27-pound flywheel for smooth performance
- Power incline feature adds resistance and targets different muscle groups
- Vibrant 7.5-inch LCD display tracks progress and includes convenient features like built-in speakers and cooling fans
- Heart-rate-controlled workout options and adjustable pedals
- Sturdy and well-built with lifetime guarantee on frame
- Compact design ideal for smaller homes or apartments
- Some rare reports of issues with electronic components
- High price point compared to some other elliptical machines on the market
So, what is the verdict?
Verdict: Should You Buy the Sole e55 Elliptical?
The Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is a well-constructed machine that provides a quiet and stable workout. However, it is important to note that this machine takes up a large footprint and is not easily portable or storable, as it has no folding feature. This review will provide an overview of the features, benefits, problems, and reasons to buy or not buy the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer.
Reasons to Buy
- High-Quality Construction: The Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is made of heavy and well-constructed materials that make it a durable machine. The machine handles a 6-foot-2, 220-pound frame well, making it suitable for larger users.
- Quiet and Stable: The machine operates quietly and provides a stable workout experience.
- Adequate Electronics: The electronics on the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer are well-designed and functional. The machine has a LCD screen and speakers that are adequate for playing music during a workout.
- Adjustable Pedal Angles: The adjustable pedal angles on the machine work well and help prevent numbing towards the end of a long workout due to circulation cutoff.
Reasons to Not Buy
- assembly Time: Assembly of the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer takes some time, as the instructions are adequate but not the best. Additionally, some parts of the assembly require the use of the supplied tools, which may be inconvenient.
- Customer Service: Some customers have reported issues with the customer service of the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer, as they had to request a replacement multiple times and their emails were not responded to.
- Water Bottle Holder: The design of the water bottle holder is not ideal, as it is at almost a 45-degree angle and could have easily been designed to be perpendicular to the floor.
Highly Priced – alternate machines at half the price are available.
- Delivery Time: Some customers have reported issues with the delivery time of the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer, as it took a month to actually arrive and the delivery window occupied most of the standard working day.
- Heavy and Large Box: The Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer comes in a heavy and large box, making it difficult to move and set up.
- Assembly Difficulties: Assembly of the machine is somewhat tricky, as the cable connections are not well-documented and some steps may need to be undone and redone.
- Limited Hardware: The hardware supplied with the machine is limited and some customers have reported that they had to call the supplier or a local depot for a replacement if they lost or disfigured a screw.
The Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is a high-quality machine that provides a quiet and stable workout. It has several features, such as adjustable pedal angles, adequate electronics, and a LCD screen and speakers that make it a good value for its price. However, assembly time and customer service are potential issues, as well as the heavy and large box and limited hardware supplied with the machine. Overall, the Sole E55 Elliptical Trainer is a good choice for those who are looking for a durable and well-constructed machine, but it is important to consider the potential problems before making a purchase.